Monday, July 20, 2009

Under Contract

Oh yeah.

I totally buried the lead on my last post. Blogger's privilege. Somehow, the bigger the news, the more I want to de-emphasize it. Don't make the gods jealous and all that.

So, yes, I absolutely told you about my suitcase caroming down the escalator and miraculously killing NO toddlers and only casually mentioned selling our house.

Which we have. Under contract. Sweet words indeed.

The bad news side of our good news is that they all wanted to move in RIGHT AWAY. Being the flexible types that we are, we (read: me) TOTALLY REARRANGED our plan. And we're leaving for Santa Fe tomorrow to house hunt. My job? The one I get paid to do? I'll work in the car while David and my mother drive. Yes, of course she's coming along. House-shopping and Santa Fe are at the high end of her top-ten list -- it would be cruel to keep her away. Plus she's a delight to have along. I give thanks every day that David thinks so, too. And no, I'm not just saying that because she reads my blog.

Just so you can feel sorry for me: I figure I get to spend eight nights in July at home. Isn't that sad? My home that I'm about to sell. To Californians! At least they're moving here to be in the UW English Department, which means they love/read/write books. This gives me a lovely sense of continuity. And they love the fish pond, so are unlikely to fill it in.

I know. I know. I shouldn't care. Here I am, pretending that I don't.

La la la.

Convinced?

Okay, yes, I'm punchy. See me after another week of house-hunting and a work-trip to Nashville.

Maybe Marin has a point, that not only is it not necessary to blog every day, but that it also might be a really bad idea some days.

But hey -- stay tuned for more house-hunting pics! Wheee....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails