Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Strawberry Moon Interludes

I was so het up to discuss my fashion emergency yesterday, that I forgot to mention that I skipped over to Karen Katchur's blog, to talk about fitness and writing.

No, I haven't gotten one of those treadmill desks. Mostly because I think it would look ugly in my office. Priorities, people!

The other thing I've been forgetting to mention is that I'll be in Memphis this weekend. The River City Romance Writers are hosting me on Saturday and we'll be talking about novellas and "writing tight." Should be very fun. The rest of the time you'll likely find me wandering Beale Street with a frozen daiquiri in my hand.

If all goes as planned, that is.

Today I find myself between projects. I remember this feeling, from when I was only a reader. I'd finish a novel and, still swimming in the lovely world the author had created, try to decide what to do next. More often than not, I'd turn back to the first page and start over again. Or go through and re-read my favorite bits - which usually morphed into a full second read anyway.

Then I'd choose the next book. Sometimes this would be dictated by school, or by what was due at the library soon. But every once in a while I enjoyed the luxury of spreading out all the waiting books and selecting whatever seemed most exciting.

I'm kind of there right now.

I've sent off all my "supposed to's." All my deadlines, internal and external, have been met. I'm holding off until after the RWA conf on one novel. The other is out. I'm all caught up.

Work is quiet, too. I'd really pushed to finish things, both in work and writing, because I anticipated this month would get crazy. But the projects haven't come in yet. They're still hovering on the horizon, like storm clouds that will eventually gain enough momentum to swoop down on us.

But for now the sun is shining and I feel like I should be making hay. Instead I'm kind of lying in the grass, lazily eating strawberries.

The Strawberry moon is a gentle moon, isn't she? Full and sweet, serene in the twilight sky.

I might sit here and enjoy it, just a little longer.

6 comments:

  1. It's a hard life, what with having to drink daiquiris and all.

    Congrats on earning the time to breathe and relax a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My moon phases app tells me this is also the Flower Moon, Honey Moon, Rose Moon, Hot Moon and Planting Moon.

    It may be the best moon of all... though I do wonder who's considering mid-summer planting season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks KAK! (Just opened The Middle Princess though...)

    See, I have Planters Moon is April (which is much more plausible) and Flower Moon is May. Love the sound of Rose Moon though...evocative.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pic! I love all your moon pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gals! I was happy to get a bit of moon-face detail.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails